Applying makeup is a form of art that requires proper knowledge and techniques to create a beautiful look. Other than being aware of what type of makeup will suit your particular skin, it’s also important to know what will look good on you on various occasions. Your flawless, nighttime makeup might not look as immaculate or appealing during the sharp daylight. Similarly, your bright or glittery party eye makeup may make you look unattractive on a casual day at the office. Therefore, put some thought into what to wear on different occasions. The tips and tricks in this article will help you rock all your makeup looks effortlessly.
Start by Prepping Your Skin
No matter which makeup look you’re going for, it’s highly significant to spend time prepping your skin. Only well-prepped skin can allow you to apply flawless foundation and long-lasting makeup. So, don’t hustle and make sure you thoroughly cleanse and exfoliate your skin and follow with a hydrating moisturizer. Choose all the products according to your skin type and problem, such as oil-free products if you have oily and acne-prone skin or intensely moisturizing products for dry and sensitive skin.
Prime Your Skin for Perfect Makeup
Apply a face and eye primer to ensure that your makeup glides smoothly and stays put throughout the day or event. This step can make a huge difference and take your makeup game up a notch. Opt for mattifying water or gel-based primer for oily skin, moisturizing cream or lotion-based primer for dry skin. If you have enlarged pores or fine lines, choose a filling primer.
Makeup for Office
We all know that makeup can help enhance our beauty and boost self-confidence, which can help you be more productive and enthusiastic on work. So, remember that you don’t have to say goodbye to makeup when going to the office. The Key to ideal makeup for office is to keep it as natural as possible for a presentable look.
- Don’t apply heavy and thick foundation.
- Stay clear of bright colors that might attain unnecessary attention.
- Apply a lightweight foundation or skip it and only apply compact powder.
- Use natural and subtle eyeshadows, preferably neutral tones.
- Never forget to apply mascara.
- Finish the look with a lip gloss or nude lipstick.
- For office parties, apply blusher to achieve more clean and classy look.
Day Time Makeup
Always remember that the notion “less is more” is applicable to all your day time makeup attires. Brutal daylight can highlight all your skin imperfection covered by makeup. Bear in mind that indoor lighting may make you look entirely different as opposed to bright daylight. Suave harmony of simplicity and sophistication is central for looking your best during daytime occasions.
- Apply a matte and lightweight foundation or tinted moisturizer
- Apply eyeshadows that fine in line with your complexion. Pink, soft brown, and peach are the best options. Avoid shimmers and glitters for your day time eye makeup look.
- You can apply highlighter to your brow line and blend it with the eyeshadow for stylish and polished look.
- Apply eyeliner and mascara.
- Choose a blusher that suits your skin tone and doesn’t give a harsh look.
- Flashy or dark lipstick isn’t a great choice for daytime. Opt for pink or neutral colors.
Makeup for Interview
This is probably one of the most challenging to decide the kind of makeup to wear to an interview. Loud and gaudy makeup might take away credit from your professional attitude and approach. Do your makeup in natural light to known how you’d look during the daylight and choose the colors with utmost care.
- It’s better to avoid wearing heavy foundation, but if needed, use a small amount of it.
- Powder foundation or compact powder is great for a softer look.
- Apply one wash of natural eyeshade and follow with mascara. Avoid unnecessary elaboration and thick eyeliner to keep the look minimal.
- A light application of blusher is suitable for a fresh and vibrant appearance.
- Choose a lipstick in a nude shade. Never choose bright and flashy lip colors.
Makeup for a Wedding or Night Party
Weddings and night parties are the best occasions to put on loads of colors and shimmers for a charming look. You can add elaborate details to your makeup and experiment with new ideas and different colors.
- Feel free to apply heavy and full-coverage foundation.
- Use concealer to your advantage and mask any defects, such as dark circles, discoloration, and acne scars.
- Use a loose setting powder for a lasting makeup base.
- Apply bold eyeshadows for a dramatic look. Smokey eyes can also give you glamorous nighttime look. Add glitters to further steal the show.
- Apply double strokes of mascara or falsies to enhance your eyes.
- Apply highlighter to the brow line and the highest points of your cheeks for a luminous look.
- Winged or colored eyeliner can also be used for a perfect party eye makeup.
- Use blusher on the cheeks for a colorful glow. Blush should complement your dress and jewelry.
- Don’t hesitate to use lurid lipstick. Red and berry are great for a night look. However, keep the lips nude with bold eye makeup.
Makeup for a Romantic Date Night
So the guy you’ve been having a crush on has finally asked you out on a date? This might become one of the most memorable nights of your life. You must be planning to look your best and make an unforgettable impression on him. It’s ideal to go for a sultry yet sophisticated look instead of being too sexy. Focus on your eyes and make them sparkle to bring out your perky and flirty side.
- Dark and neutral shades are your best bet. Blend and build up to achieve a certain degree of sassiness. Apply your eyeshadows in a slightly smoky manner to accentuate the eyes.
- Apply eyeliner and mascara, without making them too heavy.
- Add a splash of pink or peach blusher for a natural flush.
- If you decide to go for bolder eyes, keep your lips minimal. A nude or pink lip gloss is perfect for a date night. Apply a brighter lipstick with minimal eye makeup.
It’s important to choose your makeup look keeping in mind the occasion ahead of you. Your makeup look can range from soft and natural to dewy and glam. The goal of every makeup look should be to accentuate your unique features and natural beauty. Whether you’re a college student, a working woman, or a mom on-the-go, try these tips and tricks the next time you stand in front of the mirror to look and feel amazing.